Public Relations Managing Director
Love Adv. is seeking a Public Relations Managing Director to help develop, oversee and grow the public relations and social media team. The Public Relations Managing Director is responsible for reporting to the c-level executives to devise and execute tailored, insightful communications strategies.
Functioning as the senior public relations representative of the agency, the PR Managing Director must be able to manage an array of clients and assignments with a high degree of success and independence, and will enjoy operating in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The candidate is responsible for long-term strategic direction as well as day to day client account management.
- In a role that is both hands-on and supervisory, the PR Managing Director will develop and implement strategies to enhance the firm's reputation among clients, prospective clients, the media, as well as current and potential employees.
- Develop and execute public relations campaigns, collaborate across agency functions (account service, creative, media, digital, etc.) to execute clients' public relations strategies, campaigns and goals.
- Provide strong leadership and manage a team of public relations and social media professionals as well as freelancers.
- Build, maintain and cultivate a healthy portfolio of satisfied clients by managing account teams to ensure that activities are on strategy, and that client needs are met on time and on budget.
- Serve as account lead on assigned client accounts from campaign planning to writing, media relations, oversee client status meetings and more.
- Direct activities of Public Relations and Social Media team members to ensure timely and effective planning and execution.
- Continually support, inspire and motivate team members to develop creative ways to solve clients' public relations challenges in a solution-oriented manner.
- Work with executive management and human resources to manage staffing needs, new hires and more.
- Develop and maintain an intimate working knowledge of all agency departments.
- Minimum of 15 years of Public Relations experience in either an agency or in-house setting
- Bachelor's degree; master's degree in a related field is a plus
- Experience in developing and managing strategic communications programs for an array of industries
- Demonstrated leadership ability to grow existing accounts, as well as in developing new business
- Adept at providing counsel to and influencing c-suite executives
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, managing teams to executive public relations plans effectively, and building/drafting public relations plans within budget
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated expertise in AP Style and the ability to edit and write public relations plans, opinion pieces, news releases, executive presentations and more
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while mentoring and guiding team members; self-motivated and able to manage multiple initiatives and priorities within specified timeframes
All candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
No phone calls. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.