The Public Relations Account Executive will support the Public Relations team (which includes the Social Media Manager) in conducting media relations and social media efforts to promote a variety of agency clients. In addition to providing day-to-day service to assigned clients, the PR AE will support the development, implementation and monitoring of public relations and social media campaigns across a number of mediums and platforms as well as write and gather content for PR, social media and blogs while collaborating with the team on various projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Support and Client Management
- Act as day-to-day contact between agency and clients
- Lead client meetings where needed
- Provide traditional public relations tactics where needed
- Provide superior client service through constant communication and updates
- Provide counsel to clients and account service on public relations and social media initiatives
- Work collaboratively with public relations, account service, creative and media teams to support various programs such as campaigns, events, announcements, promotions, communications plans, etc.
- Provide project coordination and support where needed
- Support new business development
- Support of other agency initiatives as requested
Media Relations and Social Media Community Building
- Secure media placements and media interviews
- Develop press lists and update as needed
- Develop relationships with members of the media
- Phone calls/visits to the media
- Travel offsite to be the point of contact for media at interviews and broadcast segments with clients
- Collaborate and engage with client’s community at real time events
- Contribute to and regularly update external social sites: such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other community sites.
- Actively engage with client’s community-based on trending topics and keywords
- Conduct research for media alerts/advisories, press releases, newspaper articles, strategic public interest stories pitches, publicity stunts, press events, media gifts, community relations, internal communications plans, etc.
- Follow and provide a point of view on relevant industry trends for clients and agency
- Collaborate with team to determine key demographics to target relevant content
- Consistent idea generation for all clients
- Writing and editing for media alerts/advisories, press releases, newspaper articles, strategic public interest stories and pitches to send to news media
- Planning and implementation of tactical ideas for publicity stunts, press events, media gifts, community relations, etc.
- Assist in the development and delivery of brand-appropriate content across social media channels, external communications, and blogs
- Ensure consistent branding and design across all PR and digital efforts
- Develop content calendars for various clients
Monitoring and Reporting
- Control administrative tasks such as status reports and media clip books related to the client’s public relations efforts
- Create monthly reports of client news coverage
- 4-5 years of public relations experience.
- Agency experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and media monitoring, tracking and reporting tools such as Cision, Meltwater, TrendKite or MyMediaInfo.
- Proficiency in social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Google + and similar platforms
- BA in mass communication, public relations, marketing or related field.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities and managing others
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated expertise in Associated Press style and the ability to edit and write public relations plans, opinion pieces, news releases and other necessary public relations items
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple initiatives and priorities within specified timeframes.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to present to clients.
What we offer:
For the last 38 years, Love Advertising has been a highly respected agency both regionally and nationally. In addition to being named as a “Best Places to Work in 2017″ by the Houston Business Journal, Love offers the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Extra week of vacation during holidays
- Summer hours
- On-site workout facility
Love is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.