Love Advertising is looking for a Public Relations Executive Director to lead the PR and Social Media teams at our headquarters in Houston, TX.
The Public Relations Executive Director, reporting to the Vice President of Public Relations and functioning as the senior public relations representative of the agency on assigned client accounts, is responsible for long-term strategic direction as well as day to day client account management.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute public relations campaigns that complement and integrate with clients’ advertising and marketing strategies.
- Collaborate across agency functions (account service, creative, media, digital, etc.) to execute clients’ public relations strategies, campaigns, and goals.
- Provide strong leadership and manage a team of public relations and social media professionals and freelancers.
- Ensure efficient internal management of team and resources to produce effective and profitable campaigns.
- Direct activities of Public Relations and Social Media team members to ensure timely and effective planning and execution.
- Responsible for developing and reviewing public relations and social media materials (news releases, PR plans, scopes of work, op-eds, bylines, news briefs, content calendars, etc.)
- Continually support, inspire and motivate team members to develop creative ways to solve clients’ public relations challenges in a solution-oriented manner.
- Maintain senior level client relationships.
- Keep up-to-date on trends, changes and breaking news related to clients’ industries and market developments.
- Inform Vice President of team and client challenges and concerns.
- Monitor team resources to ensure that client accounts are appropriately staffed to meet client needs.
- Work with executive management and human resources to manage staffing needs, new hires and more.
- Seek new business opportunities with new and existing clients and play a role on the new business/ account planning team.
- Develop and maintain an intimate working knowledge of all agency departments.
- Serve as account lead on assigned client accounts from campaign planning to writing, media relations, oversee client status meetings and more.
What you’ll have:
- 10-15 years of public relations experience.
- Agency experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and media monitoring, tracking and reporting tools such as Cision, Meltwater, TrendKite or MyMediaInfo. Adequate knowledge of social media monitoring and analytics tools such as Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Sprout Social, Crimson Hexagon, Simply Measured, or other similar platforms.
- BA/BS in Mass Communication, Public Relations, Marketing or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, managing teams to executive public relations plans effectively, and building/drafting public relations plans within budget.
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated expertise in Associated Press style and the ability to edit and write public relations plans, opinion pieces, news releases, executive presentations and more.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while mentoring and guiding team members. Self-motivated and able to manage multiple initiatives and priorities within specified timeframes.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to present to clients.
- Strong project management skills.
What we offer:
For the last 38 years, Love Advertising has been a highly respected agency both regionally and nationally. In addition to being named as a “Best Places to Work in 2017″ by the Houston Business Journal, Love offers the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Extra week of vacation during holidays
- Summer hours
- On-site workout facility
Send your resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.